For those trying to keep up with that New Years resolution, well maybe you should check out this survey out first. A new U.S. government report from the Journal of the American Medical Association argues that being a overweight could help a person live longer. Compared to those who are considered the ideal weight or markedly obese, researchers found that individuals who are “pleasantly plump” (or those with a body mass index of 25 to 30) may actually have a lower risk of dying. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analyzed the records of more than 2.8 million people and found people who are 30 pounds or less over their ideal weight don’t need to rush to a the gym. That being said, don’t think this is a excuse to be obese. The study does site people who have a body mass index of 35 or more still have a much higher risk of death. So please, take this news with a grain of salt.
Study: Being Overweight Could Help You Live Longer
January 18, 2013 3:00 PM
- "After Earth" Advance... Christina Aguilera Weight... Billboard Music Awards 2013 -... "Now You See Me" Advance...
- Madonna At The Costume... "The Hangover Part III"... Berry Fest 2013 Pet-A-Palooza 2013
- March For Babies 2013 Rihanna Represents Miami Heat... Man Hunt Photos: Police... Kim Kardashian’s Baby Bump
- "The Big Wedding" Actors "The Great Gatsby" Actors Photos From Coachella 2013 Katy Perry Helps Children In...
- Zooey Deschanel’s Makes Directorial Debut With Music Video - cbsloc.al/11YYDGg 18 minutes ago
- Burlingame Restaurant Pulls Lion Meat From Menu After Uproar - cbsloc.al/12tBDdt 1 hour ago
- Fan of @jimrome? Enter to win a trip to LA to meet him on the set of his Showtime TV show: jimrome.com/autozone/ 1 hour ago
- Get #StyledToRock -- @Rihanna's reality fashion show is getting a US premiere - cbsloc.al/18ixE7e 2 hours ago
- .@KimKardashian's Over-The-Top Baby Shower Invitations - cbsloc.al/11bhDJW 14 hours ago