80% of Us Tell Lies to Look More Intelligent . . . Here Are the Top 10 Things We Lie About
When you heard people talking about Syria this past week, did you shake your head, frown, and say, “Terrible, terrible situation over there” . . . even though you had no idea what the hell they were talking about? You’re not alone.
Have you ever lied to anyone to look smarter? Whether it was to friends, family, or an attractive partner? What type of lies have you used to look smarter?
According to a new study, 80% of us admit we sometimes tell LIES to try to look more intelligent. Here are the top 10 ways we lie to seem smarter . . .
1. Lying about high-brow BOOKS we’ve read.
2. Changing our appearance to look smarter . . . like wearing glasses.
3. Looking up famous quotes to drop in conversation.
4. Exaggerating our academic achievements.
5. Pretending to be able to speak a foreign language.
6. Exaggerating our job status.
7. Pretending to know about WINE.
8. Calling popular movies GARBAGE even though you secretly love them.
9. Re-tweeting news to seem like we’re up on current events.
10. Frantically researching the news to try to have a few talking points before dinner parties.
Any of these lies seem familiar? See if you can catch your partner’s bluff next time.