It’s beginning to look (and sound) like Christmas!
Have you already gotten all your Christmas shopping done, or are you just now starting to think about it? Something you may want to consider this year (especially if you are on a tight budget), is a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) gift! Although some people may turn up their noses at the idea of a homemade gift, there are many great ideas out there for unique and personalized gifts that will be well received by anyone!
Here are some of the coolest and most unique ideas we found-
- Peppermint Foot Scrub (via The Idea Room)- Simply mix sugar, olive oil, and peppermint essential oil, and place in a cute bottle!
- Pocket Hand Warmers (via Practically Functional)- Cut out heart shapes in fleece material, add rice/lentils/whole kernel corn, and sew! It’s easy and would make a cute stocking stuffer.
- Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix (via The Yummy Life)- Use bulk cocoa, powdered milk, powdered sugar, cornstarch, salt, mini chocolate chips, and cayenne to make your own Hot Cocoa Mix, without preservatives! Package in pint Mason Jars and create a gift tag for a unique gift for coworkers and friends.
- “Snowman Soup” Mix- (via The Stamps of Life) This is an easier version of a hot cocoa gift mix. Simply place prepackaged cocoa mix, mini candy canes, mini marshmallows and a small chocolate bar in a cellophane goody bag, and decorate!
- Marshmallow Pops (via The Pioneer Woman)- Dip large marshmallows in melted almond bark, roll in crushed peppermints or sprinkles, and then place in a cellophane goody bag!
- Pampering in a Jar (via Practically Living)- Put whatever “pampering” items you would like in a mason jar (they used fuzzy socks, bubble bath, lip balm, hand cream and chocolate), then add a ribbon and tag! Easy and very thoughtful.
- “For Your Mistle Toes” Nail Polish (via Supreme Courtney Blogspot)- For your gal pals, choose a nail polish you think they would like, and then print or stamp a card to attach that says “For Your Mistle Toes”. Cute and easy!
- Vintage Bookmarks (via Country Living)- Use velvet ribbon and charms, trinkets or vintage earrings to create a cheap and unique bookmark!
- “Cozy Toes” Socks (via Taylored Expressions)- Grab a pair of cozy socks and wrap with their cute “Cozy Toes” printable and some ribbon! You can even add nail polish to the gift.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods (via Annie’s City Kitchen)- Dip pretzel rods into chocolate and roll into whatever you would like- sprinkles, chopped nuts, M&M’s, etc. Then place your creation in cellophane bags and wrap with a ribbon!
What’s your favorite idea?