Want to have a fun-filled Summer without totally abandoning your budget? While we don’t have any tips on how to afford a luxury cruise or trip to Europe, we do have some ideas from Two Kids And A Coupon on how to save money on entertainment, travel and dining costs (without sacrificing fun)!
Here they are-
- Use Daily Deal Sites: These may be overwhelming, but they frequently offer discounted gift certificates for restaurants, events, attractions, spa and salon services, etc. Make sure to only purchase deals you know you’ll like and end up using, watch expiration dates, and then keep the certificates you purchase in the car so that you can use whenever the mood strikes.
- Join E-Mail Clubs/Watch For Coupons: Make sure to sign up for email clubs at your favorite restaurants. Most email clubs offer a free appetizer or dessert upon sign up, regular coupons throughout the year, and often offer a birthday incentive as well. You can also follow restaurants on Facebook for promotions, or consider purchasing an Entertainment book and using the dining coupons found there.
- Free Events: Keep up to date on free events happening in Sacramento on our 96 Free Things Page!
- Movies: Attend a free movie screening (check out our Contest page for screening pass giveaways), or visit your local Regal or Century Theater for discounted Summer Movies! Plus, Sacramento will host several free movies screenings in various parks during the Summer. Village Park in Fair Oaks will be offering up three different film screenings starting June 20th, while “Screen on the Green” will be held at both South Natomas Community Park on August 2nd and August 9th at Glenn Park.
- Travel: Use a site like Hotwire or Expedia to save money on hotel stays. Check out Daily Deal sites for discounts on your vacation activities.
- Home Entertainment: Consider canceling your cable and use a more affordable alternative such as Netflix, Hulu, or Redbox Instant for at-home entertainment. Plus, check out your local library as they may have movies and CDs that you can check out for free or at a minimal cost.
What’s your favorite way to save money on Entertainment costs?