1. Chando’s Tacos – At Chando’s you can get a lot of burrito for only $5.50. A huge tortilla is filled with Chando’s signature meat – such as carne asada, fish, chorizo or adobada – jack cheese, fresh cilantro, diced onions, guacamole, lettuce, fresh pico-de-gallo, sour cream and salsa. It’s your basic burrito, but extremely delicious and affordable for how little you’ll pay.
2. La Fiesta Taqueria – Their popular California Burrito is an abnormally large hunk of goodness stuffed with meat, potatoes, rice, beans, salsa, guacamole, sour cream lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Only $6.45 and enough of it is served to count for two (maybe even three) meals.
1105 Alhambra Blvd
Sacramento, CA 958163.
Aldaberto’s Mexican Food – Breakfast burritos served all day? Heck yes. These burritos are filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon/steak and potatoes; and are the bomb after a night out on the town or at the bars. It’s open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is the most delicious thing you’ve ever tasted after hours of consuming nothing but cocktails. You won’t pay more than $5.60 for one of these babies.
4. Dos Coyotes Border Cafe – If you like fish but don’t want it to overpower your burrito, Dos Coyotes’ Mahi Mahi Burrito is an excellent choice. It is filled with your choice of charbroiled wild-caught mahi mahi fish, cheese, guacamole, rice, salsa and white sauce. It’s a good sized burrito and it only costs around $7!
5. Freebird’s World Burrito – Got a mighty appetite? Well, this burrito shack has huge SUPER MONSTER BURRITOS just for you! According to their website, “you may need to share it with a pal or two because the largest one so far weighed in at nearly seven pounds!” If you need something smaller, they have sizes three sizes below the Super Monster size. Choose from a variety of meats, rice (Spanish rice and cilantro rice) beans (refried, pinto, black), sauces, and even tortillas (flour, cayenne, wheat, spinach).
6. Tres Hermanas – If you’re a vegetarian and looking to get something more than your average bean and cheese burrito, the Burrito de Vegetales at Tres Hermanas is loaded with lots of delicious, nutritious veggie goodness. It is stuffed with sauteed bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, onions, cheese, guacamole and crema and comes with a side of Mexican rice and beans. It’s a lot of food to go around and costs about $9.95!
2416 K St
Sacramento, CA 95816
7. Nopalitos – Their Smothered Burrito is everything you’ve ever wanted out of a burrito and more. It includes a large flour tortilla filled with your choice of charbroiled chicken, beef, chile verde, veggies, carnitas/chorizo and mild salsa, beans, rice, and cheese, then covered with ranchero or green chile sauce.
5530 H Street
8. Taqueria Rincon Alteño – The Chimichanga Burrito is pure crunch with delicious Mexican flavor, and only $6.75 for its whopping size! It is grilled with rice, beans, salsa and meat inside, and it is topped with guacamole, sour cream and cheese. You can get it “wet” – smothered with red chili sauce and melted shredded cheese – for just a $1.50 more.
4301 Truxel Rd D1
Sacramento, CA 95834
– Janice Daniels KYMX/Sacramento