By now you’ve probably already got your Christmas tree up, real or fake. And, everybody has their own style of how they decorate and what kinds of lights we use. Dan and I put up a fake tree every year, mostly because he’s allergic, but partly because it’s easier. This year we got a new tree that allows us to either have multicolor blinking lights, solid white lights or solid colored lights. Awesome right!? And, every year we put up decorations from when I was a kid and ones we’ve bought along the way. It’s a very unique looking tree.
And now Reader’s Digest has apparently looked at lots of different people and lots of different trees to figure out what our decorating style has to say about us. Are they accurate?
Here it is:
- White lights − You ask houseguests to remove their shoes.
- Multi-colored lights − You’re an extrovert.
- Blinking Lights − You have attention deficit disorder.
- Homemade ornaments – You have lots of children.
- Strung Popcorn − You have too much time on your hands.
- Vague evergreen smell − You bought a healthy tree.
- Strong evergreen smell − You sprayed your tree with Pine-Sol.
- Just plain smelly − There’s a dead bird in your tree
See the rest of their list here.