Who doesn’t love Thanksgiving dinner? Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing…Thanksgiving dinner is delicious, but it can become a costly affair, especially if you are doing it yourself. So how can you save money on Thanksgiving dinner?
Check out these tips from consumer expert Andrea Woroch and Popsugar!
- Do-it-yourself: Sure, boxed stuffing and canned gravy is easier than homemade, but convenience comes at a price (often marked up over 40%).
- Prep Your Own Veggies: Buying pre-sliced vegetables is more expensive, and doesn’t last as long as when you do it yourself. Have a family member help with the prep to speed up the process and save money!
- Buy Alcohol in Bulk: Purchasing your booze from a retailer like Costco can result in savings of up to 30%.
- Buy Early (and Smaller portions): Don’t wait until the last minute to buy your turkey! Shop the early sales (better prices!) and buy a smaller bird (guests will most likely fill up on side dishes, so this means you can avoid any wasted leftovers).
- Stick to Your List: Don’t get caught up in the Holiday spirit and become tempted by all the Fall goodies when shopping for your Thanksgiving meal- that leads to overspending!
Read more tips at Popsugar.
- This Thrifty Mom Can Feed Her Family-Of-Five And Dog On £38!
- Frugal Friday: How To Save Money On Thanksgiving Dinner
- Free Drive-In Movies Thursday Night!
- VIDEO: How To Make Delicious ‘Cold Brew’ Coffee At Home!
- Frugal Friday: Affordable Valentine’s Day Ideas