Rue 21 has planned to close its Sacramento stores, as well as many others nationwide, according to The Sacramento Bee.
After the company accrued too much debt, they have decided to shut down many of its stores across the country. The teen clothing store plans to leave 600 of its stores open across the country, as well as its website.
The stores closing in the Sacramento area include:
- Sunrise Mall in Citrus Heights
- Folsom Premium Outlets, 13000 Folsom Blvd.
- Auburn Crossroads Shopping Center, 2580 Bell Road
- Yuba Sutter Mall in Yuba City
- Vacaville Premium Outlets.
With the stores closing, discounted clothes are at all locations in order to prepare for closure.