Five Hospitalized After Eating Nacho Cheese From Sacramento Gas Station

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California officials say five people were hospitalized after eating nacho cheese from a Sacramento gas station.

The Sacramento Bee reports (http://bit.ly/2pXX9Jz) officials have connected five botulism illness cases to Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station in the Walnut Grove suburb. Sacramento health officials are also investigating four cases that may be related.

Botulism is an illness that can lead to paralysis, breathing difficulty and sometimes death.

Officials have since taken the business’ permit to sell food and drinks. Employees have not responded to requests for comment.

One of the victims has filed a lawsuit against the gas station. Lavinia Kelly has been in the hospital for three weeks. She says the illness caused her to lose her ability to keep her eyelids open.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From KYMX Mix 96

Get The App
Follow Us On Facebook

Listen Live