Chocolate Toblerone Mousse is a desert that doesn’t take much to make and will definitely rock your socks off.
The Dailt Mail shows a recipe made by Marie Phitidis, a food blogger, and it’s so simple that anyone can do it.
The drink is made from chocolate Toblerone bars, cream, and marshmallows. All are melted and mixed together to make a chocolate mousse that you can drink.
Here’s the list of ingredients and how to make it:
400g Toblerone (You can use Dark Choc Toblerone)
2 cups thickened cream
210g white marshmallows (note: she used pink and white in the pictures below but recommends using white only)
For the second stage you will need:
2 cups thickened cream (you need to whip this)
250g Toblerone (roughly chopped to decorate mousse)
- Roughly chop the 400g of Toblerone and place it in a large microwave safe bowl with the 2 cups of cream and the marshmallows. Stir thoroughly.
- Mircrowave on high for 3 minutes (stir at 30 second intervals so it doesn’t burn) note: it may take more or less than 3 minutes, you are simply aiming to melt all ingredients together.
- Remove mixture from microwave, use a whisk to give it a good stir and set aside on your bench for it to cool completely.
- Whip the additional cream to soft peak stage and chop the additional Toblerone.
- Add the whipped cream to the cooled Toblerone – start by folding it through with a spatula and then use a whisk to combine it at the final stages. The mixture should be very smooth, but remember, the melted Toblerone will mean that there are some almond nougat lumps and that’s all good!
- Divide the mixture into 12 small cups/bowls/tea cups/whatever you like and place into the fridge for 45 minutes or so, just so that the top layer sets slightly.
- Remove from fridge and top each serve with a generous sprinkling of Toblerone.
- Place back into fridge for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight, to set. This tastes great even made a day or a day and a half ahead!