Who knew!? Maybe you did, but I didn’t. If your sunscreen is more than a year old, you should toss it. Apparently it has an expiration date and it’s not merely a suggestion, its actually important. Your sunscreen can lose its effectiveness if it’s too old.
Here’s how to tell if its time to toss your sunscreen:
- Most sun creams should last around a year – so if yours is any older than that, it may be time to throw it out and buy a new one
- If your cream is out of date, it will start to separate
- If the texture has changed from when you first bought it, it’s likely out of date
- The cream will also start to develop a strange odour
- If your cream irritates your skin, it has likely gone off
Good to know!