Your Moscow Mule Could Be Poisoning You

I remember my first sip of a Moscow Mule. It was a scorching hot Sacramento summer day, perfect for the ice cold cocktail.
For those of you not familiar with a Moscow Mule, it’s made with vodka, ginger beer and lime juice traditionally served in a copper mug.
Now comes word from the FDA that the copper mug could be giving us copper poisoning.
Apparently the problem is with the lime juice. When the acidic juice mixes with the copper it can cause the metal to leach into our food.
According to Daily News, copper poisoning symptoms consist of stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting and jaundice.
We can still enjoy our Moscow Mules, just make sure your copper cup has a lining, or served in a glass – which doesn’t nearly have the same Instagram appeal.
More from Marilyn Nelson
Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From KYMX Mix 96

Get The App
Follow Us On Facebook

Listen Live